The recipe for a typical long-term care conversation calls for:
- Equal parts rising health care costs and longer life expectancies
- 1 preconceived notion about nursing homes
- 1 heaping cup of confidence that a health crisis won’t happen
- Pinch of fear that it will
- Blend with emotional stories of caring for a parent or loved one
For best results, add the expertise of Nancy Simm, Director of LTC & Longevity Planning at Highland Capital Brokerage. She can be your secret ingredient to offset client hesitation when discussing this complex topic.
30 Years Working for You
Nancy suggests adding long-term care planning to your agenda with clients at their annual review or financial analysis. She knows they will be relieved that you have addressed the topic. When clients are open to it, arrange a conference call and introduce Nancy as a member of your team.
Then, you don’t need to be an expert on long-term care. She can be one for you. Take advantage of her 30 years of industry experience when helping clients make plans to protect themselves financially from potential long-term care needs.