EasyLife incorporates the most up-to-date underwriting and application technology the industry has to offer. EasyLife can reduce the hassle of selling life insurance.
Multiple ways to apply:
- Paper Forms – will generate a traditional fillable application for the product you selected.
- E-App – This process allows you to complete and sign a full application online. With the help of the wizard, you complete a fillable version of the carrier’s full application embedded with specific rules so you do not inadvertently skip over required questions. Once you have completed the application, you will be able to electronically sign the application and submit it to your local office case manager for review. Once your case manager has reviewed the application, he or she will submit it to the carrier on your behalf.
- Drop Ticket – This is a shortened form that get the application process started. Once the drop ticket is submitted, the carrier will reach out to the client to complete the rest of the application over the phone. Your client will still have to answer the normal questions, including medical, but they (and you) won’t have to deal with the tedious paperwork.
- Accelerated Underwriting – Take advantage of carrier accelerated underwriting programs! Accelerated underwriting can turn weeks into days and potentially eliminate the need for a paramedical exam. Finally, the life insurance industry is catching up to the speed of life. The following carriers have accelerated underwriting processes associated with their drop ticket options:
- John Hancock – up to $3 million for ages 18-60
- Minnesota Life – up to $2 million for ages 18-50
- Mutual of Omaha
- and more to come…
Accelerated underwriting uses a combination of a client interview, application, and database searches to underwrite the risk… notice NO PARAMED! Keep in mind – this process isn’t for everyone – a good rule of thumb is a client that fits these parameters:
- Age: 18 to 60
- Face amount: 1,000,000 or less
- Assumed Preferred or better risk (typically not for standard or worse)
The process isn’t perfect – sometimes the insurance carrier will still need to get more information. Don’t worry, we’ll keep you informed along the way.
Easy Underwriting with EasyLife
Due to the many changes we are seeing in the industry, we have replaced the Accelerated Underwriting information on the carrier chart with the following documents. These links will give you up to date information on the carrier specific accelerated UW processes you can find on EasyLife.
As always – your Highland representatives are here to help if you have any questions on the best product or process for your customer’s needs.