The Sales Support Associate (SSA) serves as the backbone of the Sales Support Excellence platform. SSAs are tasked with providing timely and accurate responses to requests ranging from front end illustrations and marketing materials, to application preparation services and form gathering.
SSAs must demonstrate a sense of urgency and attention to detail. Requests must be fulfilled in a manner that accurately addresses what is asked and does so within stated Service Level Agreements timeframes and adhering to any applicable institutional or customer compliance guidelines.
The national team of SSAs functions as one cohesive unit which is capable and expert across all of Highland’s geographies, relationships, and customer bases. For this reason, Sales Support Associates must be organized and demonstrate a flexibility necessary to respond to the varying needs of a wide distribution of customers. Additionally, Sales Support Associates must be able to repeatably complete and log their activities so as to provide for a consistent work product from the entire team.
The Sales Support Associate position reports jointly to the Sales Support Management Team (Jan Fonseca, Glenn Schultz, and Zach Turmelle) and primarily to the Manager closest to his/ her physical location.
- Analyze requests received and generate applicable proposals and presentations that are accurate, compliant, and meet necessary guidelines.
- Fulfill requests for marketing materials, supplemental reports, etc.
- Prepare new business application kits and pre-fill with accurate client information utilizing information received from the field
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of products offered as well as software systems for case design analysis and presentation
- Log all activity in CRM in compliance with established HCB guidelines and procedures
- Store illustrations in a manner consistent with protocols established and maintained throughout the enterprise
- Actively communicate with fellow Sales Support Associates to facilitate efficient workflow and load balancing
- Suggest alternate/ additional products or solutions than were requested as applicable
- Maintain job knowledge and industry trends by monitoring all product offerings in the industry and gathering current marketplace information on pricing, current products and new products. Attending Carrier Wholesaler meetings when in the office