Job Title: Marketing & Social Media Coordinator
Department: Marketing Communications
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Birmingham, AL
Travel Required: Approximately 2 times per year
We are a financial services distribution company seeking a Marketing & Social Media Coordinator who can enhance our brand and build strong online communities through various social media platforms. The Marketing & Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for developing and administering social media content that is designed to engage users and create relationships between the company and financial advisors, brokers, wealth planners, and life insurance producers. The successful candidate will also be required to collect and review social media analytics and other data to develop more effective and engaging content for primarily a B2B audience, but also B2C.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in social media or marketing position
- Financial services background preferred
Content management duties include:
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns
- Develop regular (monthly, quarterly, and campaign specific) analytics reports for management
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content
- Create a regular publishing schedule for multiple platforms
- Desire to learn and assist with WordPress blog management
- Promote content through social advertising as needed
Essential duties of the Marketing & Social Media Coordinator:
Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Work with distribution leads to develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s target customers
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video, and written)
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.)
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns
- Analyze key metrics, compile reports for management showing results (ROI), and make strategy recommendations as needed
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive social marketing plan. Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics
- Collaborate with Design team to create graphic content for publishing
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Implement ongoing education to remain highly effective
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns
- Act as compliance liaison for marketing approvals and audits
- Provide general marketing support assisting with sales team bios, marketing campaigns, etc., as well as:
- Manage and assist with ordering and shipping specialty branded items
- Coordinate and ship pop-up booth, banners, and other items for national events and trade shows as requested
- Possible travel to company events a few times a year
Qualifications and Experience:
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Excellent grammar, written, and verbal communication style.
- Proficient in Google Analytics and maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (i.e.: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Understanding of compliance processes, FINRA experience a plus
- Experience or willingness to provide training to sales team members on lead generation using LinkedIn
- Google Analytics
- LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Microsoft Office Suite of Products
- One Drive
- WordPress is a plus
- Adobe Creative Suite is a plus