November is Long-Term Care Awareness Month
Protect Your Clients’ Nest Egg from a Long-Term Care Event
With clients living longer, it’s likely they will need long-term care at some point. And given that the cost of long-term care can quickly deplete your clients’ life savings, it’s crucial to consider adding long-term care insurance to their financial plan. Click here for more information and some helpful resources to get the conversation started.
LTC in the News
The word is spreading. Major news outlets are letting the American people know the importance of long-term care planning. Are you? Here are a few recent third party articles.
- InvestmentNews.com – September 25: Grappling with Retirement Health Costs
- LifeHealthPro.com – September 19: 5 Ways Scientists Could Supercharge Long-Term Care Insurance
- LifeHealthPro.com – September 18: H.R. 3243 Could Expand Federal LTC Role
- LifeHealthPro.com – September 9: Getting Real About Home Care
New LTCI Sales Firm Up
LIMRA says premium revenue from sales of new, stand-alone individual long-term care insurance policies amounted to $117 million in the first half of the year. Read more
7 New Peeks at How Long-Term Care Insurance is Working
LifePlans is a unit of Munich Re, a big German reinsurer. It has been providing data analysis and support services for the U.S. private long-term care insurance community for years. America’s Health Insurance Plans paid for the Waltham, Massachusetts-based organization’s latest long-term care insurance claimant study, which covers the experiences of claimants interviewed over the telephone last year and earlier this year. Read more
Americans Need Long-Term Health Planning; Will They Get It?
As the population ages and Americans in general live longer, long-term health care costs are becoming an increasing concern — but sales of traditional LTC policies, which cover in-home and nursing home care, have decreased sharply over the past 15 years. Read more
Latest posts by Highland Capital Brokerage (see all)
- June 2018 LTC Newsletter - June 21, 2018
- Robert W. Finnegan, J.D., CLU®, Published in Trusts & Estates Magazine - June 6, 2018
- May 2018 LTC Newsletter - May 24, 2018