LTC in the News
The word is spreading. Major news outlets are letting the American people know the importance of long-term care planning. Are you? Here are a few recent third party articles.
- Benefitspro.com – December 26: 5 Surprising Things Medicare Won’t Pay For
- LifeHealthPro.com – December 22: My 5-Step Long-Term Care Plan
- LifeHealthPro.com – December 20: Long-Term Care Liability
- LifeHealthPro.com – December 20: Liability Costs Drive Up Long-Term Care Bills
Reflecting on Rates – Examining the Outlook of Today’s LTCI Pricing
Today’s long term care insurance (LTCI) industry has transformed. Pricing is now more conservative because interest rates are at historical lows, lapse rates have been effectively de-risked, and both mortality and morbidity reflect more conservative best estimates. There is significant sales opportunity, as an increasing number of baby boomers reach the primary selling ages for LTCI, due to the limited penetration of this potential market. Read more
LTC Insurance Can Protect Your Client’s Retirement Assets
When the need for long-term care services arises, having an insurance policy in place to help cover the cost of care may help ensure your client’s retirement assets can remain intact. This added measure of protection may also provide:
- Control – Helps your client avoid the need to liquidate assets to pay for long-term care services, leaving their retirement assets intact for their intended purpose.
- Flexibility – Helps allow your client to maintain the retirement lifestyle they planned while also receiving policy benefits to help pay for the care they need.
- A Legacy – Help ensure sufficient assets remain in their estate to serve as an inheritance.
To learn more about protecting your client’s retirement assets, please click here.
In Selling LTCI, Start with “Why”
Simon Sinek has the third most popular TED Talk of all time, with almost 27 million views. He has written a New York Times bestseller, “Start with Why.” His core message is that people don’t work with you because of what you do. They do business with you because of why you do it. The “why” engages us emotionally, while the “what” and “how” serve as evidence of the belief. Read more about the “why” of selling LTCI.
Consumers Who Can Buy LTCI Today, Should
Prospects are asking tough questions about the future of LTCI. Here are 10 things you should know before having the long-term care insurance conversation with your clients. Read more
Combine Long-Term Care with Life Insurance? Do the Numbers First
The market for long-term care insurance, which covers the costs of some in-home health care, has had a rough month. One provider announced that it would not sell any more policies; another is headed toward insolvency, with billions of dollars in liabilities needing to be assumed by someone else.
Yet in the face of this bad news, consumers are being sold newly created long-term care products that are less expensive than the older products that guaranteed monthly payments — and that brought two insurers to a reckoning.
Read more to find out about new hybrid policies that offer both long-term care and life insurance, and about life insurance policies that allow people to tap into the benefit to pay for care.
Latest posts by Highland Capital Brokerage (see all)
- Creating Flexible Charitable Legacies - September 18, 2017
- Can Diabetics Qualify for Life Insurance? - September 11, 2017
- Planning for Children: GoFundMe or Life Insurance? - September 5, 2017