The New Business Assistant (NBA) reports to the Team Lead and/or Director, New Business and is responsible for the beginning and the end of the new business process. This role is dependent on quick learning, accurate and complete data entry.
At the beginning of the process, the NBA will receive all new business applications, enter those new business applications into our agency management system, check for agent appointment, order exams as needed, save case documents to a secured document file location, and finally assign those applications to a case manager.
At the end of the process, the NBA will receive all policies from the carrier and store them in a centrally-available location. Once notified, the NBA will send out the policy and delivery requirements to the producer and process those delivery requirements when received from the producer. The successful role of NBA is critical to the New Business Process and requires quality work that is focused, organized and diligent.
- Use agency management software to enter and edit information about life insurance applications
- Use insurance illustration software to run illustrations as needed
- Follow guidelines and instructions, accurately entering necessary data into the agency management software
- Communicate with manager and peers on workload and escalation of questions
- Communicate cross departmentally within organization
- Communicate with case managers via email, phone, Microsoft Teams and/or agency management data base system regarding life insurance applications
- Use secured file storage software to store and maintain life insurance applications and related documents
- Mail life insurance policies to appropriate recipient, exhibiting quality control and attention to detail.
- Support a team work environment where divergent views are welcomed and solicited.
- Assume a shared responsibility in personal growth and development goals.
- Appreciate and support the company’s vision including its policies and procedures.
- Develop a strong worth ethic and caring attitude.
- Be dependable and exhibit excellent work ethic
- May be required to work overtime occasionally
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 1-3 years’ experience in customer service role or equivalent experience.
- Life insurance industry experience a plus.
- Must have aptitude to learn new software as much of the work is on the computer
- Must have the skills and ability to successfully perform in a data entry environment
- Must be able to work independently and have strong organizational skills
- Exhibit excellent customer service, communication skills, analytical skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Be Self-motivated, possess good analytical/trouble shooting skills
- Ability to execute tasks in a timely manner
- Able to work effectively in a virtual work environment
- Insurance brokerage or financial services industry experience
This position is performed in an office environment that includes at least 80% sitting and less than 15% walking and/or standing. This position is frequently reviewing information on a computer screen and obtaining other necessary information via the phone.
The above statement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all functions, physical demands and skills required of personnel so classified.