The Case Design Associate is responsible for providing insurance product and illustration support to a wide range of individuals: Highland Capital Brokerage Sales Vice Presidents and Internal Sales Consultants, Independent Financial Producers, and Institutional Financial Advisors. Though Disability Income and Long Term Care capabilities are a plus, this position includes a specific emphasis on Life Insurance products. This position is expected to be able to work independently and escalate issues appropriately.
Key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Generate illustrations based on the specific request and case design of the Sales Vice President and/or Internal Sales Consultant.
- Produce revised illustrations as needed based on changes in underwriting, premiums received, etc.
- Follow established guidelines and procedures to log all illustration into CRM system in order to facilitate detailed and accurate reporting.
- Store illustrations in SharePoint per established filing protocols.
- Make recommendations on appropriate products and concepts based on client needs.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of life products and software systems for case design, analysis and presentation.
- Analyze, prepare and generate basic and in some cases advanced life sales proposals and presentations; effectively communicate and apply the details of the design to producers, clients and staff.
- Keeps current with job knowledge and industry trends by monitoring all product offerings in the industry and gathering current marketplace information on pricing, current products and new products.
- Order In-Force Ledgers from carriers at the request of Sales Vice Presidents and/or Internal Wholesalers; follow-up as needed until they are received, and review to ensure accuracy.
- Fulfill requests from the field for forms, prepared applications, etc.
- Attend conference calls, webinars, etc. offered by various carriers to stay abreast of current product offerings and features.
- Travel to Home Office seminars to maintain familiarity with products and illustration nuances.
- Gather and share marketing ideas, product niches, etc. with Sales Vice Presidents and Internal Sales Consultants so as to increase sales.
- Develop and maintain detailed expertise in HCB’s easyLife system (and any other available electronic application submission platforms) and serve as a resource to provide training as assistance as needed
- Compile application kits with all appropriate forms based on the specific product, state, and details of a sale based on the requests of Sales Vice Presidents and Internal Sales Consultants.
Minimum requirements and qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
- College degree or commensurate industry experience required
- 3-5 years related industry experience
- Two or more years of experience working in a home office or general agency environment. Previous Life insurance or medical claims processing preferred
- Prior knowledge of medical terminology is a plus
- Able to learn new technology as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer, including carrier and vendor websites
- Business writing skills – Intermediate level
- 10 key to touch
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Strong sense of accountability and follow-up
- Able to work well with others as team
- Able to work within a virtual team
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Concentration despite interruption
- High degree of confidentiality