We are looking for a talented life insurance and annuity content marketer with strong and versatile writing skills to be responsible for writing and developing marketing content through the full range of media, including print, blogs, websites, outbound campaigns, video scripts, social media, and more.
Our ideal candidate is a creative and flexible marketing professional with proven expertise distilling complex products and concepts, including planning strategies that illustrate the use of life insurance and annuities. Candidate should be able to develop engaging, valued, timely, and relevant industry content that attracts a wide range of customers–with varying aptitudes of knowledge– to the brand, while instilling confidence in it.
At the core level the AVP is expected to lead content projects, support tactical business initiatives, and participate in projects that require continuous updating and improving of existing content. It is important that the AVP also have a working knowledge of marketing systems including content management systems (CMS), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Google Analytics, and marketing automation.
- Design content marketing strategies and set goals
- Undertake content marketing initiatives to achieve business targets
- Collaborate with design to produce high quality content
- Develop editorial calendar, delegate tasks and ensure deadlines are met
- Deliver engaging, timely, relevant content on a regular basis
- Edit, proofread, and continually improve content
- Optimize content considering SEO and Google Analytics
- Share content through various channels, ensuring strong web presence
- Receive customer feedback and generate ideas to increase customer engagement
- Partner with sales to build content around trends in the market
- 5+ years, proven record as content manager within the financial services industry
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Understanding of web publishing requirements
- Editorial mindset with an ability to anticipate the needs of different audiences
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Interviewing skills
- Previous experience as full-time writer/content manager
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, English, or relevant field
- Advanced planning experience a plus
Full-time position. Telecommuting position for the ideal candidate.